Despite what you may read in the trendiest kitchen design magazines, updating the look of your kitchen really does not require that you spend a lot of time and money. There are some simple and inexpensive ways to give your kitchen a brand new look.
Some small changes here and there that you can make in your kitchen can still create a big effect on how your kitchen looks. You can get ideas about what you would like to incorporate into your kitchen decorating and remodeling project from books, magazines, and internet sites dealing with kitchen design ideas.
There are 7 relatively low-cost kitchen-decorating ideas to create a beautiful kitchen:
1. Replacing the cabinet doors and fronts. Then you can reface the remaining fixtures. This will greatly change the whole look and feel of your kitchen.
2. Painting your cabinets white and change the hardware, such as knobs, handles, or pulls.
3. Using solid core MFD doors, which are medium density fiberboard or timber. They can be fitted to a solid door base. This type of door can be painted to create any look you may want.
4. Using color to renovate the kitchen is another example of inexpensive kitchen decorating. You can paint your walls and cabinets. When it comes to painting your existing cabinetry, you can use decorative finishes. Some examples are creating a distressed finish to add an aged look and faux and glazed finishes. These are all simple to do and cost-effective.
5. Another area of the kitchen you can easily update is the faucet and sink. It is possible to locate moderately priced sinks that can cost from $50 $300. They are also available in many colors and styles. Porcelain, stainless steel, and acrylic are the materials that are available for sinks. For faucets, you will find that they are available in many styles and finishes, and depending on the type of faucets can range in price from $50 to$750.
6. Another great affordable idea in kitchen decorating is to add a kitchen island. Kitchen islands are great for adding more counter space to the kitchen and providing a gathering place. If you do not have enough money or space to add a permanent kitchen island, but would like to have the advantages of one, you might consider as an alternative getting a kitchen cart. A kitchen cart can have wheels for rolling around, as well as drawers, shelves, and places to hang utensils. Because they are on wheels they can be cleared out the way.
7. If your kitchen-decorating budget is so small that you can only afford to remodel a small area of your kitchen you might consider adding a kitchen backsplash. A new kitchen backsplash can really dress up a drab, uninspiring kitchen. Kitchen backsplashes are available in so many different styles, colors, and materials. The materials used for backsplashes can include, wood, porcelain, natural stone, glass, stainless steel, and even wallpaper. The costs vary depending on the material you select.
So you can see that redecorating your kitchen can be a simple thing like changing the hardware on your existing cabinetry or painting the walls. Just one small change can do a lot to make your kitchen look brand new.